Forests are essential to life, and American Forests inspires and advances their conservation by: protecting and restoring threatened forest ecosystems; promoting and expanding urban forests; and increasing understanding of the importance forests. American Forests envisions a world in which forests are thriving and valued for their significant environmental, societal and economic benefits.
American Forests’ efforts are guided by six core beliefs:
- Forests are essential to life on earth.
- We are not separate from nature. By caring for nature, we care for ourselves.
- Resilient forests slow the effects of climate change, provide more abundant drinking water and improve air quality.
- Eighty percent of land-based biodiversity is in forests. Healthy, functioning forests protect these animal species from extinction and other grave threats.
- In the U.S. and around the world, the health of our forests is threatened by climate change, invasive species, insects and the destruction of forests for development or conversion to agricultural uses.
- Forests recover slowly, so the time to act is now.
[from the website at www.americanforests.org]
BioStar’s contribution to American Forests from proceeds of our Empower EQ and K9 hemp seed oil sales is appropriate; forest trees take 20 years to mature vs. four months for industrial hemp, and one acre of hemp produces as much cellulose fiber pulp as over four acres of trees.*
Join BioStar and American Forests in encouraging the sane, sustainable stewardship of our precious and irreplaceable forest ecosystems!
* source: Dewey & Merrill. Bulletin #404. U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1916.
- Photo Credit: Dave Surratt.