Hoof & Sole Artisan Poultice Success Story
"I love the BioStar poultice because my horse Victorio has very sensitive legs. I haven't had much luck with other poultices, they've been more irritating than helpful. What I find great about the BioStar poultices is that everything is hand-mixed, all the ingredients are things I can trace back to their roots and has no chemicals. You get a really great result with the poultice - a nice tight leg and no irritation." - Abigail McArdle
Our poultices are made by hand in the time honored art of poultice preparation, without the use of stainless steel instruments (utensils, mixers, bowls) to ensure high conductivity of the clays. The unique concentration of clays and essential oils are designed for a thin layer application. Although a heavy or thick application can be applied, it is not necessary. Using a thin layer will produce superior results.
• Hoof & Sole combines kaolin, bentonite, Moroccan and sea clays for their absorbing and adsorbing properties.
• Plantain powder is well known throughout the world for its support of a healthy inflammatory response.
• Pau d' arco bark has been used as a poultice for thousands of years because of its action on thrush, fungus, and bruises.
• Calendula oil is a time-honored oil that restrains the inflammatory response. Arnica extract has been used for hundreds of years for bruises and strains.
• Tea tree oil contains disinfecting and soothing properties, and frankincense and myrrh carry aromatherapy benefits as well as inflammation reduction.
• Dead sea salts and epsom salts have high magnesium content.
• Organic apple cider vinegar has been used historically to mitigate the inflammatory response.
Directions for Use:
For Animal Use Only.
Apply a thin layer of Hoof and Sole to hooves. For abscesses, apply generously. Can be used as hoof packing. Area to be poulticed does not need to be wrapped.
A 100% Proprietary Blend [Calcium Bentonite Clay, Kaolin Clay, Sea Clay, Moroccan Red Clay, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Distilled Water, Epsom Salt, Borax Powder, Organic Plantain Powder, Dead Sea Salt, Pau D’Arco Powder, Organic Calendula Oil, Arnica Extract, Frankincense Oil, Myrrh Oil, Tea Tree Oil.]
Countries of Origin:
Calcium Bentonite Clay- USA, Kaolin Clay- USA, Sea Clay- Israel, Moroccan Red Clay- Morocco, Apple Cider Vinegar- USA, Distilled Water- USA, Epsom Salt- USA, Borax- USA, Plantain Leaf- Albania, Dead Sea Salt- Israel, Pau d'Arco Bark- Peru, Calendula Oil- USA, Arnica Flower Extract- USA, Frankincense Oil- India, Myrrh Oil- India, Tea Tree Oil- Australia.
Manufactured by Hand at BioStar